Shredded chicken, mango, avocado and bacon are the stars in this easy California Club Chicken Wrap that is perfect for a weeknight.
I have been spending a lot of time in my archives lately. Not only updating the recipes, but I’ve been revisiting some of those recipes for dinnertime ideas. I have several 3 ring binders full of recipes that have been printed off over the years. A few of them are of recipes that I’ve never made, but several of them are of recipes that I have made and blogged about. I’m trying to simplify my life, which means I’m getting rid of a lot of stuff, and part of this purge has been going through these recipes. But instead of just getting rid of all of the recipes that I’ve already blogged about, I’ve ended up with a new binder of recipes that I want to remake!!
This chicken wrap is one of those recipes that I know will make it into my “I want to make these again” pile. So easy, and so perfect for a hot summer day. I have been really into super simple, little heat required meals this year, and this one totally falls into that category. The only thing that I was bummed out about with this recipe is that it calls for bacon, and I for some reason had zero bacon on hand when I went to make these. Which I was so sad about, because even though these were so good, I think they would have been even better with that bacon!! (**UPDATE 7/2015 – I included bacon this time!!)
Regardless, though, this chicken wrap was so good. And if you have a rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken on hand, it makes these even easier. My idea of a perfect summer dinner!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large avocado, or 2 small
- 4 large whole wheat or spinach tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the mango, 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise and the lime juice.
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado and place in another bowl. Roughly mash, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
You can find complete recipes of this CALIFORNIA CLUB CHICKEN WRAP in tasteandtellblog.com