What’s your perfect Saturday morning look like?
Mine is relaxing as Miss K wakes up. The hubby feeding her breakfast while I make a quick breakfast treat, brew up some coffee, all while still in my PJ’s and robe. Then after breakfast it would be lounging around on the couch relaxing with the family. Oh why don’t we throw in a little snowfall outside since it’s Christmas too? Or I’d be at my mom’s while she made me the coffee and breakfast treat. Yup that sounds more like it! Sometime it’s just nice to be taken care of.
Now onto what my Saturday mornings really look like. Stumble out of bed, grab my robe, stumble to Miss K’s room thinking why on earth do you think you need to wake up so early? Didn’t anyone tell you to sleep in on the weekend? Make a bottle with one eye open, stumble over to the couch and feed Miss K.
After that’s done it’s time scarf down some cold cereal while juggling a child. I might sneak some coffee in at this point. Now in all fairness my hubby does usually get up and help so I’m probably exaggerating a tad bit!
I did have a close to perfect Saturday morning the other weekend and it included these yummy little creations. These are perfect for Saturdays where you want a treat, but don’t want to wait for an hour or two for something. So if you need a treat this Saturday check these out!
- 1 tube (8 count) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place on rimmed cookie sheet.
- In small bowl mix butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread mixture over Crescent rolls and roll them up.
- Place tip side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the glaze mix milk, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle over Crescent rolls.
You can find complete recipes of this Cinnamon Crescent Rolls in julieseatsandtreats.com