Where did this year go? It’s the middle of December and I’m already scheduling posts out for 2017. It doesn’t feel real. I know that I say this and feel this way every year, but for some reason 2017 came faster than 2016! I’ve already started outlining my favorite Fit Foodie Finds Recipes of 2016 and the list just keeps getting longer and longer and longer. So, stay tuned for that in January.
More importantly, it’s December 15th and all all we should be talking about is CHRISTMAS COOKIES! I think Team Fit Foodie has shared almost every cookie recipe on the planet on our Facebook page…including Ambitious Kitchen’s Healthy Christmas Cookie Week, which I can’t get enough of. While searching for yummy cookie recipes to share, I came across an old FFF recipe Gluten Free Almond Biscotti. Sound familiar? I published this very same recipe back in 2013. Well, not the very same recipe, but a recipe called Gluten-Free Almond Biscotti. Here’s the thing, the old Gluten-Free Almond Biscotti recipe was made once and only once. Way back when I was a newerish blogger, I didn’t test things properly…especially if it worked the first time (this homegirl was working a full time job and blogging only on the weekends)! Turns out, the 2013 recipe sucked (I mean that in the nicest way). Not only has it been a major fail for many readers, but for us too when we retested!
That’s why…we decided to reduce, reuse, and recycle this bad boy into a brand new Gluten-Free Almond Biscotti recipe that’s been signed, sealed and delivered.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3½ cups ground almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- orange zest
- sea salt
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 340º and lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Next, place wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) in a large both and slowly mix together with a hand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix again. Finally, add coconut oil and mix until everything is combined.
- Split the dough in half and form into logs about 4 inches wide and ½ to ¾ of an inch thick.
You can find complete recipes of this GLUTEN-FREE ALMOND BISCOTTI in fitfoodiefinds.com