Guess what happened? This Healthy Low Carb and Gluten Free Monkey Bread just happened!
No sugar, no butter, no oil, no white flour… no nasties whatsoever, yet it tastes OH. SO. GOOD.
This Monkey Bread is soft, moist and sweet, it’s really hard to believe something that tastes this good could be so good for you. It’s packed with filling fiber, satiating protein and healthy fats only.
I know, I know, it sounds like I’m describing some boring salad or something, but I swear, this doesn’t taste like plain lettuce or raw broccoli in any way shape or form.
This stuff is legendary. It’s life changing. It’s changed my life! I’ve made it three times in the last month, I just can’t get enough.
This Monkey Bread is seriously decadent. It’s actually quite filling too. You won’t be able to eat the entire pan even if you tried. I mean, you’ll definitely WANT to, but it’s impossible. Two to three and you’ll be full. My family calls me the “bottomless pit” so I can eat about four to five.
Every time I make this recipe I’m really surprised at how well it turns out. It’s slightly dense, but also very fluffy. Unlike many gluten-free baked goods, this doesn’t crumble (or taste) like sand and can actually hold its shape.
- 16g (2 tbs) Psyllium Husk Powder
- 8g (1 packet) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 187g (3/4 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Large Organic Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Butter Extract
- 2 tsp Stevia Extract
- 224g (2 cups) Organic Soy Flour
- 2 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 70g (1/2 cup + 2 tbs) Coconut Flour
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Butter Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 192g (1 cup) Organic Stevia Mix** or Truvia Spoonable
- 4+1/2 tbs Cinnamon
For the Dough:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the psyllium and yeast.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, applesauce, egg whites and extracts. Dump the psyllium/yeast mix on top and quickly whisk together.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the soy flour, baking powder and salt. Dump the dry over the wet and fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Shape the sticky dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm area for 1 hour (I used a warming drawer set to 90 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a small bowl, add the coconut flour. Take about 2 tbs and dust it over the sticky, slightly risen dough. Gently fold the mixture until it absorbs the coconut flour, then dust another 2 tbs over the dough and fold again. Do this with the rest of the coconut flour.
Shape the dough into a ball and rip off evenly-sized chunks, then roll into balls about 1.5″ in size.
You can find complete recipes of this HEALTHY MONKEY BREAD in dessertswithbenefits.com