These One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You literally make it all in one pot (or skillet). The perfect meal for when you are in a pinch and don’t have a whole lot of time to make dinner.
Have you noticed I have been a little obsessed with one pot meals? With kid #3 still pretty tiny and kids #1 and #2 feeling like they need extra attention– I am finding I have very little time to spend in the kitchen. At this time in my life I am needing dinners to be EASY and I need cleanup to be even easier.
I need tasty dinners that I can whip up and throw on the table in as little time as possible. So in case you were wondering why you are seeing so many one pot meals from me, there is your answer. Oh, and believe me, there are still many more to come!
Not having to cook rice separately in the rice cooker or anything makes clean up so much easier. You throw the rice in uncooked and let it go. Feel free to use the frozen stir-fry veggie mix or any other vegetables you would like in with the rice. The more veggies, the better! We have also added crushed pineapple before and it is delicious.
The teriyaki sauce that we like to use is the “Mr. Yoshida’s” or Trader Joe’s“Island Soyaki” sauce but you can use whatever you have on hand. I like to add a little extra soy sauce on at the end as well, with a nice spattering of Sriracha sauce (we seriously go through Sriracha at our house like some go through ketchup even my KIDS ask for it)!
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 c. uncooked white, long-grain rice
- 3 1/2 c. water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. carrots, chopped
- 1/3 c. green onion, chopped
- 1/3 c. peas (optional)
- 1 c. broccoli, chopped
- Teriyaki Sauce, to taste
- In a large, deep skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken in 3 Tbsp.
- Teriyaki sauce until just white on the outside (doesn’t need to be cooked through).
- Add remaining ingredients, except broccoli and extra teriyaki sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover again, and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Spoon extra teriyaki sauce, to taste, over the rice and serve immediately.
You can find complete recipes of this One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls in favfamilyrecipes.com