I know many of you are singing the “Summer’s Over” blues ???? as your sweet kids begin a new school year…however I am not letting summer go quite yet. Don’t get me wrong, fall is my favorite season of them all! But I am not ready to give up our daily pool adventures, fresh summer produce….or ice cream…just yet!
Maybe it’s because we homeschool our kids, which means that our “back to school” looks a little different than the norm, but I’m still majorly feeling the summer vibes! So, to celebrate the continuation of summer, I bring you Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream! It is the best (non-chocolate) ice cream I have ever had! Made with only 5 ingredients, this delicious cold treat can be enjoyed by just about everyone! It’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo with zero refined sugar! Plus it only takes 5 minutes of active prep! WIN!
I tried adapting my Paleo Vanilla Coffee Creamer into a recipe for ice cream…but it totally didn’t work! Something about the coconut sugar just tasted off. So, I stuck with what works (because if it ain’t broke…)! Similar to this dairy-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, this recipe calls for honey or maple syrup (for all my strict vegan friends out there), as the sweetener! Once I made a few adjustments, the result was some seriously delicious and healthy ice cream!
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat) or cream
- ¼ cup honey, (maple syrup for vegan)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix (or other high-powered blender) in the order listed.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth and mixture is homogenous.
- Turn on your ice cream maker.
- Pour mixture directly from the Vitamix into the ice cream maker while it is moving.
- Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25 minutes until it becomes a firm ball or the ice cream maker stops rotating.
You can find complete recipes of this Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream in joyfoodsunshine.com