These savory breakfast cookies are like an omelet and biscuit rolled into one. Full of tasty savory ingredients for a low carb breakfast on the go.
Ok I’m calling these cookies but they are really more of a biscuit. Cookies sound more fun though. 🙂 I wanted something different that I could freeze and then microwave when I wanted a quick breakfast or lunch on the go so I made these savory breakfast cookies. They are low carb and grain free and they are delicious. I used the ingredients that I often use in my omelets: sausage, onions, peppers and cheese. Add a little almond flour and eggs and voila, savory breakfast cookies.
I’ve made other freezable low carb breakfast foods like my Freezable Breakfast Burritos and these Low Carb Breakfast Sandwiches so you can see I like a freezable, easy breakfast on the go kind of thing. I always seem to be in a rush for breakfast and sometimes I just plain old skip it. In those cases I’m often eating these things for lunch instead of breakfast. But I’m trying to eat breakfast, I really am
On to the recipe. These are pretty easy to make. I sautéed the onions, peppers and sausage to precook them. When that was finished and cooled, I added it to some beaten eggs, almond flour and cheese and formed little cookies on a silicone covered cookie sheet. Baked, cooled, sampled a few and then put them in a freezer bag for my snacks and breakfasts on the go. For almond flour I really like Honeyville because they use blanched almonds to make a finer flour. But I’ve also used Blue Diamond too. Both can be found on Amazon and sometimes Costco.
- 4 oz pork sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute sausage, onions and peppers until the sausage is browned and the vegetable soft. Take off heat and let cool.
- In the meantime add almond flour, salt, pepper and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add ½ cup of the cheese. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add cooled sausage mixture and mix to combine.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
You can find complete recipes of this SAVORY BREAKFAST COOKIES in mylifecookbook.com